What should I pack?
For your labour
- Comfy clothes: whatever you would like to wear and a pair of socks!
- Drinks: NICE recommends isotonic drink for labour
- Snack: cereal bars are good to keep your levels of energy up
- Your TENS machine, hot water bottle, cool packs, aromatherapy (please mention to your midwife if using essential oils), massage oil, etc.
- A music player + batteries
- Your camera + batteries
For your newborn baby
- Vests, grows, cardigans, hats, socks, scratch mits
- Cotton wool or wipes
- Formula if you are not planning to breastfeed
- A car seat - only for your discharge
For you: new mum!
- Comfy clothes, prefer your tops with front opening if you plan to breastfeed
- Breastfeeding bras
- Sanitary towels
- Toilettry bag
For your partner - Dads can stay overnight in the postanal ward, you will find here the code of conduct
- Pillow and blanket
- Some snacks and drinks (the canteen is another option)