Professional Midwifery Advocates (PMA’s)
For midwives, women and their families
Who are PMA’s?
Professional Midwifery Advocates are experienced midwives who have undertaken additional training to enable to support, develop and guide midwives by consistently improving the quality of care we provide for women and their families.
We work with the Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP) to ensure women’s experiences of maternity services are listened to.
We are a small team and are employed by Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
How can PMA’s help you?
- By listening and providing advice and guidance on any concerns you may have about your care
- By supporting the midwife in the care she gives you and enabling good communication between you and your midwife
- By talking to your midwife/obstetrician to help resolve any issues regarding your care in an unbiased and impartial manner
- By offering a birth reflection service to reflect on a recent experience with us. Also, if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy and feel you have had a previous difficult birth experience with us, a PMA can meet with you to go through your clinical notes and discuss your experience with you. You may wish to discuss this with your midwife or contact us directly
Reflection clinics are held weekly within Kingston Hospital Maternity Unit and can be arranged by contacting us on the details below.
How do I contact a PMA?
- Week days please phone: 0208 934 6434
- Alternatively we can be contacted by email: email@example.com
- Out of hours you can leave a voicemail and a member of the team will contact you as soon as possible.