- Tel: 020 8546 7711
For women who have a regular monthly menstrual cycle, the earliest and most reliable sign of pregnancy is a missed period. Sometimes women who are pregnant have a very light period, losing only a little blood. Some of the other early pregnancy signs and symptoms are listed below. Every woman is different and not all women will notice all of these symptoms.
Feeling sick and vomiting
Feeling very tired
Changes in your breasts
Passing urine more often
Other signs of pregnancy that you might notice are:
- an increased vaginal discharge without any soreness or irritation
- a strange taste in your mouth, which many women describe as metallic
- craving new foods
- losing interest in certain foods or drinks that you previously enjoyed, such as tea, coffee or fatty food
- losing interest in tobacco
- having a more sensitive sense of smell than usual, for example to the smell of food.